- The sensors being clamp-on type, there’s no pressure loss. The sensors are easily mounted on the surface of the pipe without interrupting the flow for installation or maintenance.
- Advanced intelligent display, computation and printing(data logger) to suit user’s diversified requirements. The flow is displayed in all pertinent engineering units. It runs out of regular AC power(110V/220V), built-in batter or DC power.
- Using the most advanced direct-time-measuring method, the meter offers a signal resolution of 0.2ns. In addition, advanced data processing functions ensure Flowmasonic series WUFof high linearity.
- Signal outputs including current signal, frequency signal, serial data, switch outputs(1 OCT and 1 relay output). All the outputs displayed on the unit can be transmitted to a PC via RS-232/485 for further processing or storage.
The Flowmasonic is ultrasonic flow meter is designed to measure the fluid velocity of liquid within a closed conduit. The transducers are a non-contacting, clamp-on type, which will provide benefits of non-fouling operation and easy installation.
- For the measurement, two
ultrasonic pulses are sent
through the medium, one in
flow direction, and the other
against it. The transducers are
alternatively working as emitter
- The transit time of the
ultrasonic signal propagating in
flow direction is shorter than
the transit time of the signal
propagating against flow
- The transit-time
difference Δt is measured and
allows the determination of the
average flow velocity on the
propagation path of the
- A profile
correction is performed to
obtain the average flow velocity
on the cross-section of the
pipe, which is proportional to
the volume flow.
- Water (hot water, chill water, city water, sea water, etc.);
- oil (crude oil, lubricating oil, diesel oil, fuel oil, etc.);
- chemicals (alcohol, acids, etc.);
- Beverage and liquid food, solvents and other liquids.
- Due to the nature of clamp-on technique, the transducer installation is simple and no special skills or tools are required.
- There is no pressure drop, no moving parts, no leaks and no contamination.
- The built-in rechargeable Ni-H battery can work continuously for more than 10 hours without recharge.
- The WUF100J hand held flow meter has also a built-in data-logger, which allows storage of 2,000 lines of data. The stored information can be downloaded to a PC through its RS232 connection port.