CLAMP ON ULTRASONIC FLOW METER TYPE SL1188
Clamp On Installation Flow MetersGENERAL DESCRIPTION
The SiteLabSL1188 Flow meters is a state-of-the-art universal transit-time FlowMeter for Heavy Industrial applications. Sophisticated electronics incorporating the latest developments in digital signal processing coupled with powerful ultrasonic transducers deliver highly accurate flow measurement for liquids in full pipes. While principally designed for clean liquid applications, the instrument is tolerant of liquids with a small quantity of air bubbles or suspended solids common in most industrial applications.
The SL1188 ultrasonicflowmeter can be used to measure flow and provide water quality data acquisition at the same time. Data for flow, pressure, turbidity, residual chlorine and pH can be collected at the same time. The system is simple, reliable and convenient to use.
Use GPRS wireless communications for wide coverage and reliable communications. There is no need to install outdoor antennas which greatly shortens project installation and start up time and reduces total project cost greatly.
The SL1188 ultrasonic clamp on flow meters offers low power consumption, high reliability, and outstanding applicability at an economical price. An easy to read display and clear, user-friendly menu selections make using the instrument simple and convenient. The instrument can be configured via keypad without any additional programming devices, is packaged in a die cast IP65 housing, and is available in your choice of non-invasive clamp-on or insertion transducer configurations.
- Accuracy +/-0.5% of Reading
- Wide operating temperature range -40C to 150 C
- One meter for a wide range of pipe sizes 25mm-5000mm
- Clamp on sensors are simple to install, leading to lower installation and labor costs
- Clamp on sensors mean no pipe cutting or process interruption and no plant shut-down
- Wetted Sensors available for acoustically dead pipes.
- Hygienic measurement, no risk of contamination, suitable for ultra clean liquids
- Wide bi-directional Flow range of 0 to 12Metres/Second
- Daily, monthly and yearly totalized flow
- Internally configured batch controller makes batch control convenient
- Measurement is independent of fluid conductivity meaning a wider applicability than magnetic meters
- 1G SD card high memory data logging, maximum memorize 512 days data.
- Simple Menu driven setup with a wide range of common pipe materials, liners and fluids selectable.
- Temperature inputs for energy measurement.
- Flow Range : 0 to ±12 m/s
- Accuracy : ± 0.5 % of reading
- Repeatability : ±0.3% of reading
- Pipe Size : 25mm to 5000mm
- Keypad : 16 (4×4) key with tactile action
- Temperature : Transmitter:-40C to 60C
- Humidity : Up to 99%RH, (non-condensing)
- Display : 40 character, 2 line (20×2) lattice alphanumeric, backlit LCD
- Transducer : -40C to 100C Standard. -40C to 150C High temp.
- Outputs :
- Analog : 0/4 to 20mA (max load 75Ω)
- Pulse output : 0 to 9999Hz, OCT, (min. and max. frequency is adjustable)
- Relay output : SPST, max 1Hz, (IA@125VAC or 2A @ 30VDC)
- Comms : RS232, RS485 Mod bus
- Power Supply : 90 to 245 VAC, 48 to 63Hz. Or 10 to 36 VDC (both are standard)
- Physical Specifications :
- Transmitter : IP65 Die-cast aluminum
- Transducer : Encapsulated design Standard/maximum cable length : 9m/305Metres
- Weight Transmitter : Approximately 4.7 lb (2.15kg)
- Transducer : 0.9kg (standard)
If going to place a SL1188 ultrasonic flow meters in an explosive atmosphere (hazardous area), the ultrasonic flow meter’s explosion proof enclosure should be installed in a positively vented area. Before connecting the power supply, the user should create positive ventilation more than 5 times the enclosure volume for air exchange. The user must install theultrasonic flow meters wiring in a safe area that would not cause sparking or arcing due to short circuiting or wire breakage. Cables and wires should be installed through explosion-proof conduit. Explosion-proof threaded conduit unions should be used between the wired conduits, conduits and junction boxes. The available thread. engagement into the fitting should be more than 5-6 threads. When flexible connections are needed, ex-proof flexible cable conduits can be used.
- Choose a section of pipe that is always full of liquid, such as a vertical pipe with flow in the upward direction or a full horizontal pipe.
- Ensure enough straight pipe length at least equal to the figure shown below for the upstream and down stream transducers installation.